When Neil and I married, the pressure was on to carry on the Mullins name with our children. Neil is the last of the Mullins boys to continue with the name and thus the "heritage" of the family. Since we do have two boys to continue this name, I am hoping that they have boys to continue it on for many more generations. This picture is old but has such special meaning. It is Sam with Neil's grandparents (Mullins) this past spring. Paka and Granna don't get to see their great-grandboys as often as they like, but they don't miss a chance to let us know how much they love us!
The first thing that I immediately thought of was our PROMISE to each other and what better way to symbolize that than with our rings. On Tuesday the 15th, Neil and I will celebrate our 8 year "engagement." My oh my. It seems like yesterday he asked me to be his wife and we just celebrated 7 years of marriage. No better LOVE of a PROMISE than to be married to your best friend who loves Jesus and wants to make a lasting marriage.




1 comments:
Love promise...I remember every moment in that process. I remember when Neil showed me your ring.
Post a Comment