February 11, 2011

joys 9 and 10

Joys of PASSIONS and Where they are COMFORTABLE
These two days go hand in hand for my boys. All of my boys. Both the big and little ones. Neil's passion is duck hunting. For two years now he has lived and breathed this sport. Even had to have the dog that hunts the ducks. Not only does he hunt for the live ducks, he carves some duck decoys to attract them. And I will say, he is pretty talented. He informed me the other night that now that duck season is over (and starts back after Thanksgiving) he had only a few months to carve and paint 67 more decoys. 67? really? You should see my garage already. We are going to be outnumbered....
This is where he is most comfortable. In his shop, carving away. Comes in the house all dusty and pink.

This is his passion. Carving, painting, hunting these little ducks.

This one is most comfortable at home playing or at his Nan's house. I am convinced he would live there if I let him. His passion is superheroes, guns, swords, making laser noises, building things with his hands. He also loves to "protect you".

This little lovie's passion is eating. I am NOT kidding. I have to make him stop in fear of him exploding. He signs "more" after he eats everything. He doesn't get full. Promise. And will eat ANYTHING. so unlike his older brother. You have to beg him to eat.

And this may be cheesy, but his most comfortable and favorite place is in his momma's arms. He is a true momma's boy. I am SERIOUS. Never seen anything like it. Won't let me out of his sight. And I am ok with it. I LOVE him and the JOY he brings....just not while I am cooking dinner. Hard to cook with one arm and a little boy wanting everything on the counter....

3 comments:

Cat said...

Just saw your comment on abby's blog and yes! Would love to do a blog design for you!!! Email me- catdmoore@gmail.com

Brad, Amy, Bes and Mae said...

Love that last pic of Sam looking over your shoulder! So sweet!

Kimberly said...

love!!!!