August 2, 2009

Super Sad Sunday

See this sweet face? I have to go back to work tomorrow (I know schools starts here super early) and I am so, so sad to have to send him back to his school. We have been a team this summer, literally spending every day together. We have had alot of fun times together and it is bitter sweet because in just a few short months he won't be my only little boy anymore. It brings tears to my eyes because as much as he is ready for Sam to be here, I am not so sure that I am ready for him to not get my undivided attention. For the last two and a half years all of my love and attention has been solely given to him. As much as our summer days have been filled with excitement, laughter, swimming, discipline, time-out, tears, cleaning, traveling, the most important thing is that we love each other bunches! He talks all the time (and a I mean alllllllll the time!) so I am never bored and we have this sweet friendship that I absolutely cherish! I am also excited to know that Sam will be here in a few short months and will bring so much more love and boy-isms to our house that we won't be able to stand it! Tomorrow brings early mornings and probably some tears but I know that the Lord has amazing things in store for us this year. I love this little boy more than I can even stand it. I will miss seeing his face all day but I know he will have so much fun playing with his little friends. Here's to a new school year!

5 comments:

Smith family said...

I feel the same way! Brylee is excited to see "Jack-Jack" though!

The Akins Family said...

Oh this made me sad! But I feel the same way about Matthew coming along and I am here with them all day! I think the divided time is going to be hard!

The Sasser Crew said...

Praying for you both today!! Matt always says Mondays are the hardest days. And don't worry, you will have double love for Jack when Sam gets here. You'll fall in love all over again!

Unknown said...

You do love your 1st one, but God has a special way of making room for the others that follow. You will love them both the same and in different ways. Hope your 1st day went well. Love you and miss you.
Gumbea

Brad, Amy, Bes and Mae said...

Where did our summer go!?! Who is going to be my pool buddy for the reaminder of the summer!?! Praying you and Jack have a great school year! Love you bunches!