August 18, 2009

Oh my.....


See this face? The last two weeks he has been "that toddler" who experiences all things "terrible" that two and most three year olds happen to go through..... He has been bossy, independent, back-talking, not listening, biting (two friends on Friday and one today), throwing toys, whiney, sleepy, demanding, grouchy....just to name a few! I have really had a hard time with my patience and emotions towards this whole new situation. He usually doesn't act this way. At least not ALL the time. He has had his moments but not like these days-long moments....We have had talk after talk after taking toys away after time-out after spanking about his disobedience. He tells me that he wants to be sweet to his friends, be a good boy, only bite his food, listen to mommy and daddy...then WHY DOESN'T HE JUST DO IT??????? I love him more than he will ever know. I pray for him constantly. I just want my old baby back who loves his mommy and wants to listen. Any suggestions? Is it only going to get worse when he turns three? when Sam arrives? ahhhhh......I need prayers and lots of them!

4 comments:

Garrett and Allison Reed said...

I have no advice except to just let Neil deal with it :) Just kidding, but I will definitely be praying. I love you so much Leah!!! I miss you so much I can hardly stand it!

Kimberly said...

I bet he is sensing things will be changing soon. It's funny how little kids can pick up on such grown up things and can be so aware of their surroundings. I'm certain it's just a phase. Hang in there! I'll be praying for his "old self" to return and for you to keep your patience through all of these new behaviors. I do like your friends advice to just let Neil deal with it!! But if you're anything like me...you want to fix the problem yourself!

Feel free to call me or email me any time if you have questions about the c-section or nursing (so new for me b/c it didn't work at all with Creighton). I'd be so happy to talk to you or share my experiences...maybe to calm your fears. Although, I am sure you want to deliver naturally, if you don't---and God knows what is best for you (Creighton and Griffin were both wrapped in the cords from head to toe!) the surgery part and recovery were not as bad as I was anticipating.

Everything works out like it's supposed to and Baby Sam's story will be just perfect!

I can't wait to read all about him.

Much love!

Brian Stuart said...

He is just too cute, and I know you may not think so on these days. It will get better!!!!

Brad, Amy, Bes and Mae said...

I want a copy of this picture to put on my fridge! He looks like sweet adorable...trouble! =)