January 17, 2009

My Honest Little Boy

So Neil and I took Jack to the Country Club to eat last night. I thought that he was pretty good. By that I mean- stayed in his seat, didn't throw food, only screamed a couple of times, ate pretty well, played with his cars on the table...all in all no major catastrophes! Well, as we were leaving, the waitress said, " He must be your only one." I replied back, "yes, why?" She said, "well he sure is busy and must keep you moving all the time." I kind of smiled and said "yes, he is busy but this is tame compared to most days." We left and Neil and I were laughing about it because we both thought, man she should see him in full action. Talk about busy- he could have destroyed that small dining room in 2 minutes flat had I let him. He is in constant motion unless he is asleep and sometimes his body is still moving in his sleep (leg twitches and is a very wild sleeper!) He can make a mess faster than you can blink an eye! We love our BUSY boy!
Also- after we left dinner, Neil needed a few things at Wal-Mart. Well, he pulled down a whole tray of bathtub squirt toys as we walked by them and being that they were just a $1- Neil gave him one to keep him entertained. He proceeded to show and talk very loudly to everyone that passed by his "HIPPO"- they of course thought that it was amusing. I walked one aisle over and could here him shouting, "mommy where are you". When he found me he said, "theres you are". But the funniest thing about the trip was this- on an aisle were two young girls and their parents. One of the girls was laughing as we walked by. My child decides to say loudly, "THAT GIRL IS SILLY!" Of course they all heard it and the mother said back to him, "you are exactly right!" Neil and I were embarrassed to say the least and made him apologize to the little girl. Her dad also thought that it was funny and agreed with Jack. As we turned the aisle I told Neil that I am thankful that he doesn't know the word fat, ugly, (not that that little girl was but just in case we pass someone that he feels would fall under this category- do you know what I mean?) tall, skinny, black, white......obviously he is not afraid to talk and talk loudly. So we quickly bought our few items and left. I had had enough embarrassment for one night! Does anyone else's kids do things like this?
In a previous post I asked for prayers because I said I might have my hands full....it was affirmed that I do tonight! PRAY FOR ME!!! I love my little honest boy.

8 comments:

Kimberly said...

Yes-- our "all boy" boy does the same exact thing!!! Talks as loud as he can, questions everything and comments about everyone we pass at the grocery store or out and about anywhere around town. I make a point not to use words that he could make into a negative remark in public---fat--- but he still loves the word BIG and that has caused us to be embarrased a few times. The other day at the car wash as we were waiting for the car, he pointed at a lady across the room and kindly said, "She's a grandma." Not a big deal, but how sad if she's not old enough to have grandkids.

I guess it's just part of raising curious children and I sure wouldn't trade their personalities for anything! How boring our life would be if they didn't keep us laughing! Embrase his humor and honesty!

The Brantley Boys said...

I love the new look to your blog. I think that it is a sign that he is really smart. I mean, he is a boy...what are you going to do?

The Murphree Family said...

Oh Leah, your blog posts always make me smile! I know he keeps y'all on your toes, but the things he says are so stinkin' cute! I love it!!
mandy murphree

Unknown said...

He is a lot like his father. Neil loved to talk and did all of Nicole's talking after she was born. I remember a poem he brought home one day from school. He told me he wrote it. I put it on the refrig. and someone came over and read it telling the name of the real author. His continual motion may be his Pop. Remember Pop has "jimmy legs"
He is precious and I enjoyed so much being with him at Christmas. I can't wait to love on him again.

Allison said...

So I asked Kevin tonight if he would be open to an exorcism? Does that tell you how Ben is doing?

Garrett and Allison Reed said...

I love you Leah and I miss you so much!!!! Thanks for the sweet birthday message....i am giving you a mental hug!!!

Mark and Jenn said...

I love this post! We missed seeing you guys at Christmas time. Hope to see you soon. You'll have to check out our blog...all Mark's doing of course. babyrogers09.blogspot.com
Tell Neil hello for us!

Smith family said...

Brylee LOVES Jack! She sings all the time "Hello, Jack". That is the only name she really sings. We plan to go to Merritt's party - we can talk about potty-training.