January 14, 2009

My First Duck Hunt

Sunday afternoon, my sweet husband, Amy and Brad all loaded up the truck and headed to the "swamp". Amy and I both borrowed the boys extra camo gear and wrapped ourselves up in many layers. The boys wanted us to see the land and hunt for some ducks. Although it was downright freezing, Amy and I tromped through the brush and found us a big ole' log to sit on. After two and a half hours of cold-ness, it was dusk and you can't shoot after sunset. The ducks must have seen us coming and headed somewhere else because we didn't SEE ANY DUCKS!!! It was a fun time had by all and I will be going again!

Don't they look so manly in their camo?
Neil in disguise!

Amy thinks that she has lots of chins and I look like I don't have eyes! Great combo!

My huntin' partner!




1 comments:

Kimberly said...

Oh my goodness, Benjie would fall over if I told him I would join him for a hunt! I think I've been twice in the many years we've been together- and once was the morning after we got engaged. I talked the entire time- making plans for our wedding. Maybe that's why he's never asked me back :) and now Creighton will take my place.

What a wife!!!