September 25, 2008

Happy 30th Birthday NEIL!!!

Wow! My husband is 30 today! We tried to make this birthday super special for him since he did have to work today. We gave him (or rather he picked them out and said that was what he wanted-much easier for me!) a table saw and router a couple of days ago(he is building us some furniture), so this morning we gave him a birthday card and sent him off to work. We cooked him dinner tonight and set out his presents and black balloons. Jack and I got him a birthday cake and ice cream and I was trying to keep it a surprise until after dinner but my little sidekick led daddy right to the cake when he walked in the door tonight. He said "daddy cupcake?" and took him to the kitchen and showed him! Jack sang happy birthday to daddy and it was probably the sweetest and cutest thing I have ever seen. He loves his daddy for sure!

Neil- we love you very much and are so glad that you are ours! Jack is sure that you hung the moon and wants to be just like you (looks just like you too)! We hope that you had a great birthday and wish you could have had the day off. Thanks for loving us and always taking good care of us. We are truly blessed to have you in our lives. I love you and Jack dubs du too!


He kept saying, "more cake!"
Feeding daddy some yummy cake
They played in their own Ryder Cup the other day

Our special celebrate plate for special occasions
Daddy is happy he is 30!
"Cheese"

3 comments:

Becky said...

Happy Birthday Neil!!! I'm not sure I've really seen Neil smile that big in a picture before - sweet Jack must have him wrapped around his little finger! :)

cindy said...

I'm just catching up on blogs. Hope you had a happy birthday, Neil, even though you had to work. We miss y'all in Abilene! Cindy Long

The Brantley Boys said...

Neil, I am so happy to see you smiling. Looks like 30 is doing you great. BTW, I can't believe you are 30...you've gotten so old! But seriously, happy birthday and keep on grinning!