My sweet boy is growing up so fast. He is (almost) 20 months old and just finally reached 26 pounds! Here are some really interesting things about Jack:
THERE ARE PICTURES AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST IF YOU DON'T WANT TO READ ALL OF THIS!!!!
1. He is talking in three and four word "sentences".....jack go potty, I do it, I mow yard, Jack peepee (poopoo), Jack eat (insert food here), etc. He is such an echo-everything that you say (and I mean everything!) he will repeat very clearly! For example, I was in Lowes' the other night and needed some assistance. Jack was on my shoulders (he wouldn't ride in the buggy) and I politely yelled "sir" at this gentleman so that he could help me find something. Jack yelled "sir" and he turned around with a look on his face like "How rude!" I was alittle embarrassed. I then proceeded to ask him for something that goes on the garage door and Jack said " garage door, garage door, garage door". That poor man probably thought I had a broken record. Sometimes he says things out in public that are a little embarrasing...I am sure that there will be many more!
2. He can count to five....one, two, five, five, five, five (he some how has not managed to learn three and four)
3. He knows the shape "circle" and his favorite color is green....ask him what color the sky is and he will say green, the color a frog is he will say green..get the picture?
4. He still loves to read books all the time (usually the same ones over and over and tells you everything on the page)
5. He still loves to drive, mow, swing bats, throw balls (or any toys for that matter), run in circles until he is dizzy and falls down, climb, run and basically anything that does not involve standing or sitting still.
6. He is a good little swimmer with his floaties on.
7. Can tell you when he is peepeeing and poopooing just often it is a little too late. With this new ability, Neil and I have decided that we are going to start letting him use the potty. We bought some pullups and a big boy potty seat. We are by no means "pottytraining" seriously but thought that we would try it out and see. He loves to go to the potty and pull all the toilet paper of the roll and flush. He has used the restroom several times and is so proud of himself and runs around giving high fives when he is finished! You will see from the pictures that his daddy feels that it is best to potty with no clothes on "just in case..."
8. He is about to start his second year of "school" and I hope that I don't receive any more letters about "talking to my child about biting his friends..." yes I have THAT kid.
9. I had to buy "school supplies" for him......at the tune of about $40. (not including diapers or wipes...)
10. He can still wear 12 month pants and my mom bought him some 6-9 month play shorts that he can wear just the other day. His shirts have to be 18-24 or 2T but his waist is so tiny things just slide right off....he has NO BOOTY!
11. He loves giving open mouth, slobbery kisses and I absolutely love receiving them. They are the sweetest thing. He has also been giving the best hugs with arms wrapped around your neck! Just tonight as I was laying beside him to get him to sleep, he was playing with my hair and rubbing my face. He has a very sweet side to him....but sometimes well we just won't go there!
12. He has a very cute sense of humor that is almost grown up!
Jack-- We love you so much and are so blessed to have you as our little boy! You are mommy's sunshine and daddy's buddy! ---love you forever---mommy and daddy
1. He is talking in three and four word "sentences".....jack go potty, I do it, I mow yard, Jack peepee (poopoo), Jack eat (insert food here), etc. He is such an echo-everything that you say (and I mean everything!) he will repeat very clearly! For example, I was in Lowes' the other night and needed some assistance. Jack was on my shoulders (he wouldn't ride in the buggy) and I politely yelled "sir" at this gentleman so that he could help me find something. Jack yelled "sir" and he turned around with a look on his face like "How rude!" I was alittle embarrassed. I then proceeded to ask him for something that goes on the garage door and Jack said " garage door, garage door, garage door". That poor man probably thought I had a broken record. Sometimes he says things out in public that are a little embarrasing...I am sure that there will be many more!
2. He can count to five....one, two, five, five, five, five (he some how has not managed to learn three and four)
3. He knows the shape "circle" and his favorite color is green....ask him what color the sky is and he will say green, the color a frog is he will say green..get the picture?
4. He still loves to read books all the time (usually the same ones over and over and tells you everything on the page)
5. He still loves to drive, mow, swing bats, throw balls (or any toys for that matter), run in circles until he is dizzy and falls down, climb, run and basically anything that does not involve standing or sitting still.
6. He is a good little swimmer with his floaties on.
7. Can tell you when he is peepeeing and poopooing just often it is a little too late. With this new ability, Neil and I have decided that we are going to start letting him use the potty. We bought some pullups and a big boy potty seat. We are by no means "pottytraining" seriously but thought that we would try it out and see. He loves to go to the potty and pull all the toilet paper of the roll and flush. He has used the restroom several times and is so proud of himself and runs around giving high fives when he is finished! You will see from the pictures that his daddy feels that it is best to potty with no clothes on "just in case..."
8. He is about to start his second year of "school" and I hope that I don't receive any more letters about "talking to my child about biting his friends..." yes I have THAT kid.
9. I had to buy "school supplies" for him......at the tune of about $40. (not including diapers or wipes...)
10. He can still wear 12 month pants and my mom bought him some 6-9 month play shorts that he can wear just the other day. His shirts have to be 18-24 or 2T but his waist is so tiny things just slide right off....he has NO BOOTY!
11. He loves giving open mouth, slobbery kisses and I absolutely love receiving them. They are the sweetest thing. He has also been giving the best hugs with arms wrapped around your neck! Just tonight as I was laying beside him to get him to sleep, he was playing with my hair and rubbing my face. He has a very sweet side to him....but sometimes well we just won't go there!
12. He has a very cute sense of humor that is almost grown up!
Jack-- We love you so much and are so blessed to have you as our little boy! You are mommy's sunshine and daddy's buddy! ---love you forever---mommy and daddy
5 comments:
You need to get Aunt Cole and cuz Camp to teach you the tee tee on the potty song and dance.
He is growing up so fast. Give him and hug and a big kiss from Gumbea.
Leah!! I had no idea you were quite the photographer!! Give me some lessons! :) I am obsessed with taking pictures of Bes! Thank goodness for digital cameras... every other pic Bes's eyes are closed! Love reading your blog. Jack is precious! Enjoyed lunch today and can't wait until we can actually make it to the pool...
Leah,
Jack is getting so big! It is hard to imagine that Ryleigh will be that big one day. I am glad you are doing well. I hope to hear from you soon. Your blog is great!
Candice
Leah,
I love Jack's pottie pics! too Cute! Sorry that I didn't get to see you while I was in Bham. I can't believe yall are in MS! Do you like it? I know you love being close to your fam. We are looking at moving back south soon! Hope to see yall soon. Your Fam is too cute.
Love, Laura
Momma, Jack see Mandy...I think he wants to come to Colorado over Christmas break...
Post a Comment