July 27, 2008

Our Last Summer Vacation 2008

I am sad to say that summer has just about come to an end for this family! I was at work for two weeks doing some art camps for this coming up school year. We are about to become a fine arts magnet school so I (along with 50 fellow teachers) went to Ole Miss for five days for training. It was the first time that I have been away from Jack since he was born. (Gumbea has kept him one or two nights when he was little but I was in the same town-not the same!!!) I was so homesick for him and Neil. It was great to see him and get a big ole' hug from my little sunshine! I know that him and Nan had a blast hanging out together for five days. Thanks Nan and Fatz for keeping my baby!
Once I returned, we packed our bags and headed to the lake with my family! We had a blast and got to see Aunt RahRah (my sister Sarah). We haven't seen her since Christmas. Jack was so good. He never complained about having to wear that stinkin life jacket all day, wanted to tube with everyone all day, and swam his heart out! It brought me such joy to see him have so much fun and experience all of these things for the first time! He even got to feed a duck one morning (he thought that the duck needed his patpat so he threw that in with the bread....daddy had to go "fishin" for it....) All in all, it was a great vacation to end the summer! Back to school on Friday.......booooooo

Daddy and Jack enjoying the boat.
Mommy and Jack showing off our shades!
Our little boat captain....he was a very wild driver!
Nan and Jack ridin' on the boat.
Aunt Rahrah was in the water....Jack wanted to "more jump" and "more jump" to her....

"Jack tube" with Aunt Nana (Anna)
Mommy and Jack tube.
Aunt Rahrah's dog (Izzy) needed some treats...or so Jack thought
Fatz and Jack were great captains!

All the kids minus daddy...he hates pictures!
Playing "steal Jack's nose" with Rahrah
And "Jack tube" some more with Nana!




1 comments:

The Brantley Boys said...

First of all, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Gurley family Lake Vacations! I am sure that it wasn't nearly as fun without Nancy & Mandy. I didn't see anybody washing anyone's hair in the water...maybe next time. I am so proud of Jack. He was so brave on the tube!