It becomes more apparent to me each day how Jack learns through watching and mimicing what those around him do. He will repeat what you say, do what you do (even little things like wiping up a mess with a rag), and watch when you don't think that he is looking. Just today, Neil was mowing the yard again and Jack watched him start the lawnmower. Jack walked over to his, pretended to pull up the cord thingy (you know that starts the mower) and push his around the yard. (he wants to do everything that daddy does) I started laughing and thought what a little smarty pants! He is too smart for his own good these days.
He has recently been into biting me when he gets mad. Today he bit my leg and I started almost to cry and said ouch loudly. He immediately touched my leg where he bit me and said, "No bite" and kissed it. To me this says two things: he knows that biting is wrong (and does it anyway.....) and knows when things hurt he must kiss them. For the rest of the day he would look at my leg and say HURT? Now why he still bites is a mystery to me (although today at his 18 month check up she noticed more teeth coming in)....but still it HURTS!!!!
His 18 month "stats" are: 26 pounds, 31 inches tall! The doctor said that he was adorable and I had to agree with her! HE was hamming it up when she came in doing circles around the room and smiling his big grin at her.
He has recently been into biting me when he gets mad. Today he bit my leg and I started almost to cry and said ouch loudly. He immediately touched my leg where he bit me and said, "No bite" and kissed it. To me this says two things: he knows that biting is wrong (and does it anyway.....) and knows when things hurt he must kiss them. For the rest of the day he would look at my leg and say HURT? Now why he still bites is a mystery to me (although today at his 18 month check up she noticed more teeth coming in)....but still it HURTS!!!!
His 18 month "stats" are: 26 pounds, 31 inches tall! The doctor said that he was adorable and I had to agree with her! HE was hamming it up when she came in doing circles around the room and smiling his big grin at her.
3 comments:
ahhh...too cute. Can't wait to meet this little man. See you on Sunday!! Tell your mom to bring mac and cheese...just kidding
that is the sweetest thing - but man it really makes you think about what you are doing huh? maybe this will be a good time to make Neil go off the dip... next thing you know Jack will want to buy Big League Chew and act just like daddy! hahaha!! :) And the bite thing - so sorry about that. I can't imagine what that felt like. Those little teeth are sharp! And I'm gonna pretend that Jack and Jorja don't weigh almost the same. :)
So cute and so true! Isn't it amazing at how much they watch and take in from us? Definately makes you think about what you are doing. I am going to agree with Becky and say that I'm also pretending that my 14 month old doesnt way as much (or more!) than sweet Jack!
Post a Comment