January 20, 2010

Call me THAT mom....


See this messy face? Yes he tried some good ole' rice cereal. And guess what? He LOVED it and slurped it right off the spoon. I know that he is just 10 weeks but I wanted to see if the saying holds true of feeding them and they will sleep longer. He was waking up every 3 hours S.T.A.R.V.I.N.G. and I will say that the cereal didn't help much. It was still fun anyways. I think that we have a little potbelly pig on our hands. And oh yeah- I am that mom who also lets their baby sleep on his stomach....he LOVES that too.

2 comments:

The Brantley Boys said...

Getting Harrison on a schedule is what worked for me in getting him to sleep through the night...I am 100% sure that is why he slept through the night at 6 weeks.

Mark and Jenn said...

Hey...I was going to suggest cluster feeding. Are you still nursing? This may or may not work if you aren't...but you could try anyway. Nursing babies get hungry faster for some scientific reason so my consultant suggested I cluster feed H at night until she started showing signs of not needing it. I would feed her at 5:30, 7:30 and again after her bath at 8:30...she would sleep like a champ. I did it until she was about 5 months old. It's kind of a pain because it's not that convenient, but it worked to teacher her to go longer at night and kept her little tummy full. Worth a try maybe? I claim to be no pro that's for sure. You can read more about cluster feeding online. I read about it in The Baby Whisperer. Love ya and he's a cute cute boy!