This sweet little thing had his two-month check-up yesterday. Although he didn't pass with flying colors...he still passed. The doctor found a small hernia and another slight defect near his rectum. Without going into much detail, he has a small whole above his rectum in his "crack" that never closed. I noticed it when he was born but didn't think too much about it. I showed it to Dr. C yesterday and she immediately said, " I will have to find out who to refer him to so he can have it looked at." Well the worrier in me immediately started thinking the worse. She left the room, nurse administered his three shots and oral vaccine and Dr. C returned. She poked and prodded around the "area" and decided that we have to watch it for infection and see if it will eventually close on its own. Other than those two minor "injuries" we are perfect. He just smiled and smiled at the nurse until she left her mark. Poor baby cried for a long, long time but then slept the rest of the day. I can't believe that he is 2 months old already...time flies when you don't get much sleep! Stats:
weight: 11 lbs 12 oz
height: 25 inches long
He weighs less than Jack did but is about 2 1/2 inches longer than him.
3 comments:
Look at that happy little fellow! He's too cute! We'll be praying his body heals itself and that he will pass his next appointment with flying colors.
Try to get some rest! {Coming from a mother of a five month old that still doesn't sleep through the night---nor does the three year old!}
I can't imagine where Sam gets his height from since, well, both parents are vertically challenged. I'll be praying for little Sam to heal.
Bless him...I'll be praying for him to heal...he sure is a cute little thing!!
Post a Comment