October 3, 2010

Soccer Saturday!

Last weekend kicked off the soccer season with a double header for us. We had two games, one during a much needed nap time, on a very warm Saturday. It just so happened to be Neil's birthday too. We played our first game with not much agression. I think the green team used this game to kind-of get the hang of a soccer game.
There were very special guests at our games. Anna came in for the weekend to spend some time with the boys and watch some live soccer action.

Nan and Fatz also attended the game to see if their soccer star would score any goals. He didn't score any the first game, but the second game he did NOT dissappoint! Even little brother endured the hot weather and ate snack after snack!



This was the face we got after he tried to score and didn't. He said it hurt his feelings that he couldn't score a goal. After some reassurance and a mini pep-talk he got back in the game!

A half time team talk. I just wish I could hear what was being said.

During the first game, Coach Lu made Jack run a few minutes with his hands in his pants because he kept wanting to touch the ball.

Here is the guest that traveled the farthest! Gumbea came to see her boys, even the birthday-grown one, and watch the first games of the season. We had a good visit with her. She played and played with Jack and Sam. She even got sick while she was here.

An after- the- game-shake- the -other- team's-hand line.

Resting under the umbrella. The only shade we could find from the scorching, southern sun.

Here is another special guest. This bestie and her momma and daddy came to cheer on the green team. She cheered her heart out and it was precious. I think she has some boys who L.O.V.E. her!

These two friends do alot together. They go to school and play soccer. Such a sweet friendship. And I love his momma and little brother too! Such a great team sport that will last us through out the fall. More pictures to come I am sure of it!


1 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for letting me come and visit. I loved playing with my sweet boys. Also thanks to Brad for taking care of me too. Can't wait to come again soon.
Love you lot,
Gumbea