June 30, 2010

Oh you silly, silly boy....

Mommy, mommy my goggles are too tight.....

So Jack and I have spent a.lot.of.time.together. lately. We have been attached at the hip since school has been out for summer break. During this time, he has kept me laughing a bunch!

Here is just a few conversations that have taken place:


I was trying to get him to eat dinner one night because he eats like a bird and I sometimes feel like if the wind blew hard enough, it would take him with it.
M: Jack, you really need to eat your dinner.
J: But mom, don't you see teeth marks on my food?
M: Um....no I don't.



He has been into playing hide and seek lately. He was trying to get his daddy to play with him.
J: Daddy, will you play hide and seek with me.
N: no buddy, I don't really want to play hide and seek. Let's do something else.
J: ok. then you take my brother and hide him so that I can find him.
N: Don't know if that is a good idea or not.



I was trying to get him to take his fruit snack trash and throw it away after he had them for a snack.
M: Jack, please take your trash and throw it away.
J: but why mommy? you can do it. you are the trash expert.
M: well son, you are right about that but you still should throw your own trash away.



Jack fell one night and got carpet burn from the end of the couch on his forehead. After his bath, Neil was trying to dry his hair and the scratch started bleeding. He wanted to put a bandaid on it with some medicine.
N: Jack, let me put this bandaid on your head so it won't bleed everywhere.
J: (in tears) but it will hurt.
N: no, it won't hurt.
J: (reluctantly)ok. but wait, I have to make sure that it won't stop me from being able to hop on one foot. (gets bandaid put on and trys to hop on one foot). Ok. I will wear it. It will be fine. I can still hop.
N:so glad that was your determing factor.


oh son, you keep me laughing alot. sometimes it is hard to dicipline you because I have to laugh at the things that you say. where do you get some of this stuff?

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I love that you write all of these down too. I have a draft post constantly on my blog that I collect Creighton's comments. I wish we could hear them actually say these things, because their intonation is the cutest part!

Such a great mommy you are!

lindsaycutt said...

Too funny! I can't wait for the days when our boys are stringing words together so that we can hear their little thoughts! So glad you're writing these down. I will have to do the same!