February 9, 2010

Such a sweet three months

Where does time go? I can't believe that Sam is three months old already. Time really does fly when you don't sleep much. at all. There were times, not going to lie, when I was pregnant that I often wondered how I could love another little boy as much as I love my three year old wild man. I just didn't think that it was possible. I was so wrong. I feel like my heart grew double the size that it started with just one little boy. This sweet thing has captured my heart and boy does he have me wrapped around his little finger. I could kiss these chubby cheeks all. day. long.
In three months, he hasn't slept through the night once. No big accomplishment there. He has rolled from his tummy to his back by accident I think two times. Sitting up is what he does best. Don't lay this boy down cause he will spend hours pulling his neck to sit UP. He loves, loves, loves his big brother. Well when Jack isn't pulling on his arm, leg, hitting him in the head with legos, or squeezing the life out of him. He finds Jack in the room and will smile the biggest, sweetest smile at him. It makes being a mommy so worth it. Ah. love these two boys.

He has eaten several bowls and spoonfuls of rice cereal and has drank several ounces of apple prune juice. Gone on several day trips shopping with yours truly! Has found his hands and LOVES to suck on them. His daddy thinks that he is cutting a tooth but the jury is still out on that one. He has one dimple that will melt your heart. PROMISE.

He gives the most serious looks and then will break out into this grin that could light up a room. I think that he will be my shy, inquisitive child. Maybe I am just crossing my fingers for shy, quiet type? He is very long waisted and is wearing six month outfits. Maybe he will be tall? He has height challenged in his blood so we shall see. I could snuggle him all. day. long and squeeze. him. too. Uh I just can't get enough. I love you Sam. Please stop growing up. Please.


So that Jack isn't left out, here are some recent conversations that he has had with me.
In the bathtub last night:
Me: Jack, why do you have so many bruises on your legs?
Jack: well, mommy. you see I am old and when you are old you get bruises. Thats how you know you are old.
Me: Really, and just how old are you.
Jack: (almost disgusted that I even have to ask) huh. three.
oh, sorry I bothered you.
Leaving his school the other day, he was finishing his hot chocolate that he had taken in as a leftover from breakfast. (don't worry it's the packet with water kind...)
Me: Jack doesn't that taste kind of nasty? It is several hours old.
Jack: No mom. The water keeps the chocolate hydrated so I can drink it later. It tastes fine.
ok, thank you doctor mullins.
Neil and I were driving in the car having a casual conversation about stuff while Jack was watching a movie in the back. We thought that he wasn't listening. Ha!
Jack: so if daddy is addicted to copenhagen and mommy you are addicted to buying clothes then what am I addicted to? apple juice?
um...ok I died laughing. He is quick witted people.
Oh there are so many more that I could write but I forget about them before I can write them down. He keeps me laughing ALL the time. well and sometimes crying because he frustrates me. Oh I love him so!

1 comments:

Kimberly said...

Isn't it just worth everything to watch your two boys with each other! Don't blink, because if you do, Sam will be six months like my little Griffin. Goes too, too fast!

March will be here soon & I'm so excited to meet up!