We just got home from our last summer vacation as a family of three! We had a blast with my parents and sisters. We spent some much needed time relaxing and enjoying being together. We spent most of our days fishing, swimming off the boat and riding around the lake. Jack loved the water and would have stayed in it for hours had we let him. Every afternoon we would take a much needed nap to reenergize! This little boy also loves to fish. Although he only helped daddy catch one fish, his favorite part was casting and reeling in his line.
Jack is so much fun these days. He absolutely adores baby Sam in my tummy. Just the other day, he wanted Sam to sit with him in the backseat and then eat dinner with him. I tried to explain that it would be a couple of months before he got to do those things but he didn't seem to mind. He tells me all the time what he is going to teach Sam, including playing with his toys, riding his four-wheeler, and going potty. He always wants to kiss him goodnight and pat my tummy while I pat him to fall asleep. It really is precious to me and I cherish the fact that he loves the idea of being a big brother. I just hope that the feelings remain come November when Sam arrives to stay for good! I love both of these little boys so much!
** now be prepared for lots of pictures!
4 comments:
Man, Jack looks so much like Neil! Glad ya'll had a great time!! Things will definitely change when Sam comes, but it only gets better and better!
Been thinking about ya!!
Love,
Shannon
Neil and Jack look like best buds. Too funny...
I always thought your little Jack looked like his daddy! I'm wondering if Sam will look like you!
Griffin makes his debut no later than 8.3.09 and I'm hoping he resembles me more than everyone says Creighton resembles Benjie!
I hope the next few months are just as great as your last summer vacation!
Oh the sleeping thing...I think I've given up! Three nights in three months is not something I feel I can give you adequate advice about how to get Jack to sleep through the night! Creighton just doesn't and I totally understand your desire to sleep before the baby arrives. I've just run out of time. People have suggested gates on the doors, those child safety locks, etc, but Creighton is so sensitive, I just let him come get me and then I tote him back to his bed. However, in one week, I'm going to be up with him and his little brother. I'm very anxious about how little sleep I'm going to be getting in the coming months. If I can come up with something that works, I'll be sure to let you know! Otherwise, I may just have to learn to drink coffee.
Start taking naps with him! Does he let Neil get up with him?
Post a Comment