Neil and I went to my doctor's appointment today while Jack stayed with Nan. I had an ultrasound done to determine the sex of the baby. I had one done in Vernon a while back and he said he was 99% sure it was a boy. Today, that baby boy didn't want to cooperate with my doctor very much. Dr. C is pretty sure that this is a boy and he looks completely normal. We saw four heart chambers, a little stomach, bladder, legs, arms and a brain! When he first started the sonogram, he noticed that I have partial placenta previa. That is where my placenta is low and covering certain parts where my baby must exit come due date time! He said that 90% of the time they will correct themselves, but if it doesn't then I will have to deliver by c-section.......my heart stopped when he said this. This is one of my biggest fears!!!!!!!!!!! I have had no bleeding but alot of braxton hicks contractions the last two weeks. He said this was normal and nothing to worry about. Please, please pray that my placenta moves and we can deliver normally. Of course I have been researching this online and everything scares me that it says so I am just going to pray that the Lord will move that sweet little placenta and everything will be fine! I have to have more sonograms as the day gets closer to see the position of everything.
Stats: baby heartrate: 148 bpm
weight gain: 6 pounds total (I was a little nervous about this because I have eaten like a pig this week)
blood pressure: 116/68
July 7, 2009
22 Week Update
Posted by Leah at 4:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I will keep you in my prayers :) Lucy was born via c-section, and I will say, it was the best! Honestly!! I did have some fears, but I gave it all over to God, and all was wonderful.
I know you cherish those updates like I do! Praise God for your healthy little boy! (Names?)
I delivered Creighton via emergency c-section and although I had no time (literally, 15 mintues)to think through or process, I know God's hand was clearly seeing me through the entire ordeal. He knows what is best for us and thankfully, He is in charge! It does seem scary (even now as I prepare for another one with Griffin in less than four weeks!) but it's not as bad as you think!
Quit reading the internet and we'll stay praying for everything to work out as you wish!
Love your little one!
Don't you love getting to see your little one! Those are some of my favorite times! I had a low lying placenta also at my 20 week sonogram with Carson. He told me not to worry that most of them correc themselves and by 32 weeks mine had moved. So, I will be praying the same for you. How are you feeling? I have missed talkign with you.
Praying for you, Leah! I had a friend with complete placenta previa, bleeding, bedrest, etc. and hers moved on its own. Good news! Hang in there and stop reading stuff on the internet!! :)
already praying...C-section isn't that big of a deal. All that matters is that your sweet baby boy is healthy. praying and love you
Post a Comment