August 16, 2010

My sweet boys....


I think that these two boys both have the "Gurley" eyes. If you have ever seen me smile you know exactly what I am talking about. Jack and Sam both make me so happy to be a mommy. I love every aspect of taking care of these boys and I am forever thankful to my sweet Lord that he has blessed my life with them. I seriously never knew I could love something so much. I could eat. them. up. ugh. my heart is full!

After dinner one night, we were having a silly moment and the boys were both just'a giggling with each other. They can make each other laugh better than anybody else. Jack's favorite thing to say is that Sam is "one silly little baby!". Oh Jack....you are one silly and witty little boy! Just the other day you were telling me that I needed to decide what I wanted to be when I grew up because your daddy had become a doctor but I needed to not worry...he was already 40! I laughed so hard at you. Where do you get this stuff? Your teacher wrote on your today card that you were the class "go-getter" and had such a fun spirit. Being a teacher I know that in teacher -language that means that you are wild! There is never a dull moment with you!
I love you "as big as a city"!

And this littlest love of mine is the sweetest, happiest thing.ever. He just got sick the first week back to school for the first time. As pitiful as it was, you remained pretty happy most of the time. You still have a cough and runny nose but hopefully we are on the upswing of this! Sammy...oh my goodness. You give the biggest open mouth kisses and grab my face and don't let go. It makes me smile. You are eating anything. Your daddy often wonders if you have any taste buds. Hopefully this little characteristic about you never changes. You have eight teeth and just last week at your nine month check-up weighed 19 pounds. I thought you would be way over 20! She said you look just perfect and I would have to agree. You have decided that standing up without holding onto anything might not be so bad afterall. Once you realize you are doing this little trick, you quickly sit down. Crawling is much faster in your eyes. And crawl you do...just the other day you were on the stairs about half way up when I found you. Scared me. The gate now stays closed. I am glad that you are adjusting to being at school. I think that you are making some sweet little friends. My goodness I love you to pieces.



3 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't wait to come visit and love on both of them. Glad school is good this year for both of them. They are 2 precious boys that I miss and love a lot.

Kimberly said...

Look at those boys! How special that they enjoy each other and that you can find all the many ways to just sit and laugh with them. Aren't these days so precious?

You are such a great Mommy.

Hoping you all have a wonderful week of school.

Love ya,

The Brantley Boys said...

Sam most definitely has the Gurley eyes. He is so adorable, that I could eat him to pieces too.