May 25, 2010

6 months old....

Oh my goodness...I can't believe that baby Sam is already six months old. (almost seven now!) It has flown by. It makes me sad that this could be the last time that I have a little baby in our house. We still haven't decided (Neil says no- I say maybe?). It has been a true blessing and he is definitely the most happy baby.
Sam, you went to the doctor and she said that you look great. You weighed 17 lbs. and 4 oz. You measured a little over 28 1/2 inches. You're daddy took you to the appointment and he promises that you were that long because he helped her measure you. I have a little bit of concern because according to Jack's baby book- thats about how long he was at 12 months!!!! Oh my! Do we have a jolly green giant on our hands? So bizarre for your mommy and daddy.....we aren't the tallest of people! Makes sense because you are wearing 9 or 12 month clothing because you are so long.

You chew on everything! You have two little bottom teeth and love to put EvERy.thInG. in your mouth. You come at us with your mouth wide open and love to give big, slobbery kisses. You will eat anything. You have tried pancakes, corn casserole, avocados, mashed potatoes, all types of baby food, pudding, yogurt, oatmeal, banana and apple puffs, and juice. You have been a great eater. I hope this continues.

Moving, moving, moving. You are officially crawling and moving everywhere. Just two nights ago you pulled up on the side of the bathtub. Can you please stop? Just be my baby. You are no longer safe to put anywhere. You love to be on the go. You think that you have to follow your brother around. You have just started to notice when people leave the room. It hurts your feelings. As soon as we come back, you have the biggest smile and dry up your tears. It's sweet and funny all at the same time.

Your smile will light up a room. You do it all the time. You are the most ticklish baby. Your legs, arms, belly, neck, back....all of it makes you laugh. That little dimple of yours. ugh. It gets me! You love to flirt with people. I see a future ham on my hands. You have such a sweet personality.
We have been swimming a couple of times and you enjoy it. As long as it's not too cold. I think that it's going to be a really fun summer with you and Jack. You like to be outside. Your brother wants you to ride on his four-wheeler with him but I am not that brave yet.

Pretty soon I am going to have to move you to another carseat because you are so long. And you are getting kind of heavy to carry around. Oh Sam, we love you so! Your brother thinks that you are so cool and he loves to make you laugh. I pray that you will always be happy, love to laugh and smile, and be the easy going little boy that you are. We are so blessed to have you in our family.

Your hair is very blond and your eyes are blue. Sometimes your little ears stick out some....but thats ok. You are absolutely adorable. You will most likely get a head full of hair because that is all that is in our family. Everybody has very thick hair. You have had a little trouble with very dry skin but hopefully nothing to serious. Lotion, lotion everynight after your bath!
You don't like the paci like your brother did. You will take it some and spit it out others. The only thing that you are starting to become attached to is people. I have a feeling that you may begin to want us when we leave you in the nursery at church or let other people hold you.
Drooling is something that you do con.stant.ly! You are usually wet as soon as I put a shirt on you. I have to make you wear a bib before you go to bed at night or your pajamas would have to be changed alot! You are sleeping very consistently through the night. You go to bed between 8 and 9 and usually sleep until 6:30 or so. Sometimes you wake at 5 and will take a couple of ounces and go right back to sleep. Thank you for being a good sleeper. It makes all the difference in the world!
Sam, we are so proud of all the things that your little body can do. We are so thankful that you are healthy and happy. We love you to the moon and back. I pray over you each night while I rock you to sleep for your future, your heart, your sweet self. I want you to know that we are so blessed to have two of the best boys. Thank you Jesus. You knew exactly what we needed to make our family so special. I am in awe of your greatness and glory. Being a mommy to Jack and Sam makes my heart burst with a love I didn't know was possible.

3 comments:

The Brantley Boys said...

Leah, Sam is too cute. And might long. I can't imagine that he could really be that tall...unless he is like Tony the Tiger. Tell your family hi. Sam being almost 7 months means that we haven't talked in a while. Let's have a phone date soon, please!

Kimberly said...

Just today, we were driving to playgroup and Creighton said, "You remember that little boy's house we went to that had the mule and the john deer? I was quiet while we were there at first. I had just fallen asleep. I want to go back there and play!" Perfect timing!!! Let me know when you'll be in A-town and I'll for sure try to be there!

You boys just keep getting cuter and cuter!

{And please, steal the date night idea! I think it'll be so valuable as they get older and "family" time gets harder and harder {or more purposeful} to maintain!}

Lindsey said...

yes, we will actually be in abilene this weekend but that may be too early to catch ya'll. we would love to meet sam. i can't believe how much he looks like jack! precious :)