Yesterday we celebrated Jack's third birthday. I had so many different emotions- happiness, excitement, overwhelming love, sadness, guilt, fear, and amazement. I love my first born more than words can express. I never knew that was possible but with each passing day I have a deeper understanding of the way that God loves us as his own children. I am amazed by the things Jack knows and says each day. I have felt sadness because he is no longer my little baby but has become such a big boy. I have some guilt that he is no longer my only child and doesn't get all of my attention. I fear the unknown for him and want so badly for him to grow to love Jesus and follow hard after Him. This little boy is my love. I know what it is like to want to protect someone so badly and hurt for him when he hurts but at the same time be so frustrated by him not obeying. I want to show him just how much his Creator loves him and wants only whats best for him. I am still in awe that it has been three short years but has felt like a lifetime with him in our lives. Happy birthday Jack- we love you tremendously!!!
Father- I pray that Neil and I can show Jack just how much you love him by teaching him about Your Word. Please protect his sweet little heart and keep him wrapped in your arms. Thank you for allowing us to have him here on Earth and be his parents. He is such a smart, creative, happy little boy. Thank you for that. Please give us guidance and wisdom as his parents that we will love him, teach him, discipline him, and raise him just how you want us to. Thank you for the past three years. Thank you for allowing me as a mom just a small glimpse of just how much you love us. He truly is a gift from God. -
2 comments:
Isn't it wonderful!! God is so good! I love your honesty and your openness. Your truths really hit home and I appreciate that you don't sugar coat your life with your two boys! I do love my two boys too! I feel guilty almost every day that Creighton no longer has my attention and has actually learned to play independently very nicely. It's all so bittersweet. I do know how much he loves Griffin and I see how Griffin adores him. It's all going to be worth it in the end!
Let's do meet up. I promise I'll try really hard to be in Abilene next time you go. Give me a bit of a warning and I'll make plans.
Hoping your holidays are the best yet as we celebrate the birth of Jesus and our new little gifts!
Email me your address: bkpolnick@yahoo.com and if I ever do Christmas cards, I'll send you guys one!
great post! Happy Birthday Jack!
Post a Comment