July 30, 2011

A lake post ~ with LOTS of pictures!

So the summer is coming to a close. I know, sad you might say. Short, sweet, and now another school year is upon us. I do feel as though we just got out and started our warm, humid vacation. The clothes are washed, the school supplies are bought, and the new backpacks are hanging by the chimmey with care! And this school year is going to be a special one. See the big boy up top??? HE is going to big boy school with his momma.
Since when did my baby grow up? Just yesterday he was running around the backyard without a diaper on being potty-trained and now look at him. Such a big boy. And handsome if I do say so my self!
I would be lying if I said this summer was perfect. It wasn't. He has pushed my mommyhood to the limits. I feel as though I am raising a 14 year old sometimes instead of a 4 year old. We have butted heads, not seen eye to eye, argued (yes- I argue with my boy-hard not to sometimes!), talked it out, and started over. I didn't know discipline would be so hard so quick. I think we spent to much togetherness with each other and are way too much alike! He is very smart, loves to ask questions, talks constantly, doesn't always take no for an answer, and is usually in "full-speed ahead" mode. But I wouldn't trade him for the world.
There was lots of brotherly love time. Not always good brotherly love, but love nonetheless. They play together, fight together, eat together, and are always the first to look for each other. Whatever one is doing, the other is not far behind!
This little stinker here is no longer a baby or toddler. I feel like he has grown over night. He talks and reasons with me like a big boy. He also doesn't usually take no for an answer and can be SASSY! Sweet as pie one minute, but could take his own in a street fight the next. Being almost two? Is it his age?
He is an eater and a dipper. He loves to eat anything and dip it in anything- queso. guacamole, ketchup, ranch, honey mustard. SO very different from his big brother. He eats everything DRY as a bone. Seriously. It is so amazing to me how two little boys can be raised in the same house and be so different, yet so much alike.
He is talking nonstop. Just happened over the summer. It's like I turned around and boom- he has a word for everything. He loves to say "hump tuck" for all trucks. He has the sweetest little voice when he says "sawree" for biting or hitting you. (don't turn your back-he can be over the sorry real quick and do it again very soon afterwards!). He gives the best kisses and hugs. He tells me he is going up "tairs" when he escapes to brothers room. He is a FIESTY one.
I wouldn't trade either one of them for the world. While they both cause me frustration, to lose my patience, to question myself- they both are my world. I love them to pieces. Somedays -moments- it's easier then others. Not going to lie- being a mommy will stretch you. BUT- it is so rewarding to have that little hand reach for yours and want no one else. Hardest job ever.
Big brother is a fish. I think he secretly has gills that we just can't see. He wants to swim all the time-even in the bathtub. Sometimes even wants his goggles in the tub. Makes it hard to wash his face.
Little brother has taken a liking to water as well. He has no fear and whoever invented life jackets is amazing! Seriously- whaterver Jack does- Sam thinks he is just as big and must do it too. They like to get in trouble together.
And I get this face alot. I think he is telling me "don't even think about it" with his eyes. Do you feel the love? SASSY I tell ya.



Big brother even tried to ski. Didn't quite go as well as planned. Going under water this way is not his cup of tea. Maybe he will forget about it and try again next year.
Being at the lake doesn't bring out the beauty queen in me. I try to leave that at home for a couple of days!I am embracing the camera to be with my little loves. These are the moments I cherish. I know that they won't be little for long.



Silly, silly boys. Who know that they could bring so much joy.
They are both a little bit on the daredevil side. They love tubing and "living on the edge"! I think they could have rode in the tube all day.
Even Aunt Anna got suckered into the tubing time. He would ride with anyone as long as they would keep him company. He loves his Nana.

Why is smiling for the camera so painful? This is his "cheese" face. Looks like I am asking him to cut his arm off. Silly, silly boy.
As this summer comes to an end, I look back and realize that things do go by so quickly. I am going to have a two year old and a five year old. Where has time gone? I am going to be turning 30- I feel like life is so fast, yet so slow somedays. Make sense? I love my boys and their daddy. I love the time I spend with them. I also love my job. I love the summer vacations we have. I love that my big boy will be with me this year at school. I hope he LOVES it too.

0 comments: