March 27, 2011

16.5 Months and 4 years

 Oh these boys are getting so big. I feel like just yesterday I was in the hospital with this one. I can't believe that it has been almost 17 months. He thinks that he is MUCH older than he really is. I guess that's what happens when you have a big brother who you have to keep up with!

 Sweet Sammy. You are the messiest eater there is. You love to throw play with your food. You must feed yourself and will have it NO other way. You eat most anything: yogurt, cheese, bananas, edamame, green beans, chicken nuggets, pasta, green peas, pancakes, and prune juice are your must haves. If we are eating something we always have to share with you. Aunt Cole thinks that you resemble a garbage disposal!

 Just a few weeks ago you had to get your shots. You weighed about 24 pounds. When Dr. C was checking your heart and lungs, you sat so still that I couldn't help but laugh. You just looked at her and didn't move. It was pretty cute. Allergies have really plagued you this month. Between runny noses, coughing, congestion and breathing treatments, you have had MANY a sleepless night. And so has your momma!

 You have the most contagious grin and laugh. You are totally animated in everything you do. For the most part, you are usually pretty happy. Jack is your best friend and everything that he does you seem to think that you have to follow suit. It has made you grow up really fast. Throwing balls, racing cars, hitting things, climbing and jumping off furniture, running around....all things that boys do...this is how you fill your day. It makes me smile my little love.

 I was thinking about letting your blond hair grow out long until everyone said that you had a mullet. You got a much needed haircut courtesy of Aunt Cole. It makes you look so grown-up. I think that you are starting to look like a little boy now instead of a baby. Brings tears to my eyes. Oh my gracious how I love you!

 Those eyes will get me everytime. You can be quite stubborn and won't let up until you get EXACTLY what you want. Attached to your momma is an understatement. You are one BIG ole momma's boy. Biting your friends at school comes and goes. Hopefully this trend won't last too long.

 You steal my heart and I love you tons. I am so blessed to have YOU, Sam Beckett, as my sweet son. May you grow up knowing just how much the Lord loves you and the plans that He has created just for you.  


 This grown boy is 4. My how time has literally flown by. I can remember the day that I went to the hospital with this one. I didn't know how one little life could make my world so much greater. Jack Henry, we adore you! You continue to amaze me with your questions, answers and constant BIG imagination.

 Most people have always said that you look just like your daddy, but here recently people have said that you look like your momma. I see both. I think that you are VERY handsome. You have the most tender heart and give "political" answers on who you love the most! I think that you would live at Nan's house if we would let you.
You had to have three shots the other day for school. Needless to say, you didn't like that idea or the nurse who had to endure your pain. Everything lately has been consumed by SUPERHEROES. You think that you are one on most days. Wolverine claws, Ironman gloves, Spiderman webs, light sabers, climbing things, Ninja turtles...this is what our world is all about right now. You can sing the Avengers theme song and do it DAILY...several times and very loudly! You know all your letters and the sounds they make. You asked both your teacher and daddy when you could stop learning this stuff. Daddy told you when the alphabet was over but you insisted it was when you were done with the letter "z". You have an argumentative streak in you too. When we say that something is _____ you often question if we are right. I promise we aren't lying to you! Hopefully this is a quality that you will have when people want you to follow them and their ways. Always question if what others are doing is what YOU should be doing. Be a leader, sweet boy, instead of a follower. We know that you will do great things! Please remember that Jesus has the most precious plans for your life and he adores you more than we do!



My boys are the joys of my heart. I love you to the moon and back!

1 comments:

The Brantley Boys said...

Leah, this is so sweet. Those boys are adorable.