
Can he really be 4? Has it really been that long ago since I held my first born in my arms that cold December morning? Ugh. He is growing too fast. Before I blink my eyes he will be 8 then 18. Be still time. How I long to cherish these days and memories.

We had dinner with Nan and Fatz for his birthday. We made fajitas and had birthday cake. He opened more presents. He loves Buzz and dinosaurs. These two things have taken residence in my house and have seemed to multiply.

Cole, Chris, Camp and Cash sent these wings and he has tried to sleep in them. I convinced him that they would still be next to his tent in the morning so that he could put them on. He wanted to wear them to school but couldn't figure out how we could buckle him in the his carseat. He really believes that the higher the furniture is to jump off of, the better off he can fly! Oh the pure innocence and imagination of this boy. He also got the roaring Rex and has slept with him each night. My love is loving to color and write his name so he got a really big coloring pad with crayons. Be still my teaching heart!

The weekend before his birthday, we had a little dino party. We invited a few friends to the neighborhood park for a playful afternoon. We finished our last soccer game of the season that morning and prayed that the weather would hold off until after the party. It did and turned out just perfect!

We played on the swings and big fort. We chased each other and loved going down the slides on our bellies. Thank you Jesus for the friendships my boys have. I pray that these friendships will last a lifetime.


Little brother enjoyed the park too. He had the biggest smile while he went down the slide over, and over, and over.....

I love this boy.

He had specific instructions on what his cake was to look like. He picked out everything with Mrs. Kathy and even designed what the volcano had to look like. At the very last minute, Mrs.Kathy had to have surgery and he was devestated she couldn't make the cake. I found a teacher friend who could and all was saved! He was beyond excited about it! It looked perfect and tasted super yummy!

Oh, the presents. He is in toy heaven. From buzz to dinos to puzzles to fossils. He couldn't possibly want anything else.


Such sweet little friends.

This is pure excitement. An IRON MAN mask. Boys.....
Jack,
We love you so much. With each new day you always amaze me with what you know. You are the most curious little boy. You love dinosaurs more than I thought possible. You can say dino names that I didn't even know existed. My little palentologist. Each night when you say your prayers, you have the most tender heart for your family, friends, and your toys. You thank Jesus for each person by name. It brings tears to my eyes. Never stop seeking Him. Thank you for loving your brother the way you do. You make the best big brother. You still promise to snuggle with me even when you are 10. Remember that, please! I had no idea 4 years ago how much I could love a little person. I am blessed beyond belief and cherish the times we spend together Smacky! I love you!
Mommy
1 comments:
Happy Birthday, Jack! We love you and your friendship!
Post a Comment