July 24, 2010

Lucky "8" Ball

Oh sweet boy. You are now eight months old ( a little late) and on your way. This month has been filled with many firsts- trips to the beach, new foods, new carseats. You are a big lovebug and so much fun. I will say, you have become quite the momma's boy.

You have been teething alot this month and now have six completly in and two more cutting through. Made for some long nights and little naps. The tops ones have seemed to bother you more. You chew on everything, including my fingers! You are crawling everywhere at a very rapid pace. If we leave the room you come quickly chasing us! You love bath time, swimming- anything to do with water. You are like a little fish. Makes going to the pool lots of fun!
You have the funniest facial expressions. You have this one very serious face that you make your jaws puff out and glare at us. It makes me laugh.

You love your brother and he adores you. Although he takes toys from you daily, you don't ever seem to mind. I have a feeling this is going to change in the very near future. Your daddy thinks you are going to be the quiet, sneaky one. You will play with anything and anyone. If mommy leaves the room, you will often fuss until I get back- or come crawling after me and pull up on my legs (or anything nearby) and insist that I pick you up. As soon as I do, you smile from ear to ear. Ah, you steal my heart. You are so kissable and l.o.v.e to snuggle. You would let me hold you all day if I could. Can you please get your old sleeping habits back? You know...the one where you were sleeping through the night? Some nights I can put you down around 8:30 and never hear a peep from you until the morning. Other nights, I have to rock you back to sleep 3 or 4 times before midnight. I am hoping that its your teeth. Some have suggested crying it out but I just don't know if I can. Breaks my heart.
I really don't know how you are going to do when school starts back. Makes me nervous and sad. I know it will take a little bit of adjustment time but we will make it.

You weigh about 19 pounds right now. The official 9 month weigh in will be in about 2 weeks. You have to go to the doctor and get more shots. Glad that daddy is taking you to that visit. It makes me too sad. I think that you are pretty tall....at least in our family. You are wearing 12 month clothes. You are also wearing shoes and don't seem to mind them. I think that we might need to move up to size 4 diapers before to long. Oh and diaper changes...it is like the WWF trying to get you to stay still. I think that I have mastered the less than 1 second diaper change. You have to have a toy in your hands or sing a quick song so that you diaper will actually be on straight to do its purpose. Not fun....you are a little wiggleworm. You have also been given several nicknames- garbage can, Sammy, porkie, punkin munkin, brother.

You eat nonstop. Not kidding. Bottles don't really do it for you anymore. You will take one when you are going to sleep. You eat goldfish, collard greens, peas, avocado, strawberries, peaches, steak, bread, cheese, bananas, macaroni and cheese, french fries, grits,brocolli, rice, really anything that I can get small enough for you to pick up. You prefer to feed yourself. The spoon is too slow! I haven't seen anything that you have spit out or turned down. Such a difference from your brother. He only eats when we make him (and he's alittle picky!). I have a feeling my grocery bill is going to be huge the older you get.
Oh Sammy. We love you so. You make us smile and bring such joy. You are always happy and smiling. Thank you Jesus for such a sweet boy. We pray that you continue to be content and bring joy to others. We love you.





2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love love love the photos. Sam is changing so much. Can't believe he is 8 months old. Enjoy your last few days before you have to go back to school.
Love you,

Kimberly said...

I can't believe he's 8 months old and Griffin is one week shy of 12 months. Breaks my heart. I sure wish I wouldn't have been in a daze for the first five months!

You do need a weekend get-a-way, alone! If you and Neil want to get away to the Waco area (or central Texas for that matter) we'd be so happy to keep your boys for the weekend. Plan something when you have some time and let me know! I'm serious! Four boys in the house could be lots of fun!