Jack was playing in the backyard one afternoon last weekend. He came in complaining about some bees near the honeysuckle along our back fence. Later that afternoon, I looked at some very weirdly placed scratches on his arm. I asked him what they were from because they looked like five little pin pricks in a funny pattern on his arm.
Mommy: Jack, where did you get these scratches from?
Jack: Well mommy. I tripped over some rocks in the backyard. There were some bees that were dead on their backs laying on the ground and when I fell, I landed on them and their stingers were in the air and they stung me.
Mommy: (didn't respond because I was laughing so hard)
ummm....not likely and if it did happen that way I am SURE you would have been crying....still don't know where they scratches came from.
We were playing in the backyard one afternoon and came across some dandelions. He picked one.
Mommy: What are you going to do with that?
Jack: I am going to make a wish. I wish for........umm.......CHOCOLATE BALLS!!
Mommy: (again, dying laughing) Of course you do....who wouldn't?
Went walking one afternoon at the Riverwalk and came across more dandelions.
Jack: I wish for.....umm...more PRESENTS!!!
Mommy: seriously? You get presents like everyday.
Jack: Yeah, I think I want some more.
Oh this boy is too much. He keeps me on my toes! I love him dearly!!! He has this really sweet side to him and everytime he sees a flower, any flower from anyone's house or garden, he feels the need to pick it and bring it to me. It always makes me smile. Something about little boys and their mommas. My two boys bring me such joy. I love them both so!
April 16, 2010
Funny Conversations
Posted by Leah at 10:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Aww..how sweet is he! I love that you are recording his funny sayings--what sweet memories! I agree, mamas and their boys share such a very special relationship for sure!
Oh, I can totally hear him saying those things! Hope all is well in your part of the world. Your boys are still oh, so precious.
Sweet little boy =) Hope ya'll are doing well...feel like I haven't seen you in forever!! We need to have our summer plagroup again for sure!!
Post a Comment